Cancer is something you never want to take lightly, and if you are in the age range of people who are at risk of colorectal cancer, you will want to make sure you are going in for your screenings dutifully so you can be sure that even if something had developed within your body, you would be able to catch it early enough to be able to fight it off and come out of the battle a survivor.
However, you don’t always have to rely strictly on screenings to know when something might be wrong with you. Your body tells you all kinds of things when something is wrong with it you often just have to learn how to listen to what it is trying to say. With that in mind, keep some of the following potential symptoms of colorectal cancer in mind so you can know when you need to seek a medical professional immediately.
· A change in your bowels: This can include frequent constipation, diarrhea, or even a change in how consistent your stool is.
· Blood: Rectal bleeding or finding blood in your stool can be a sign you need to look out for.
· Unexplained feelings of weakness or tiredness.
· Consistent discomfort in the abdomen that doesn’t seem to go away, no matter what you try to do to address it.
· Weight loss that you can’t explain.
If you happen to notice these potential cancer warnings, don’t hesitate. Make an appointment with your medical team or colorectal cancer in Mount Pleasant professionals who will be able to give you a thorough screening and examination, and if the worst turns out to be true, then you and your medical team can work together to come up with an action plan to defeat this terrible condition.